Hi, I'm John Boyer, Manager, Proven Practices and Customer Solutions Advocate, Co-Author of two books on BI Strategy.
John Boyer, co-author two books on Business Intelligence Strategy: Business Intelligence: Business Intelligence Strategy: A Practical Guide for Achieving BI Excellence and 5 Keys to Business Analytics Program Success. He has been invited to speak at numerous local and national events, including, IBM Information on Demand, Composite Software, Illinois Cognos User Group and other Business Analytics user groups around the country. John Boyer is an effective manager with proven performance. He is consistently in the top 10% of consultants for revenue billed and productivity. John Boyer is a hands-on architect with experience in BI/OLAP development, Data Warehousing, Data modeling, DTS, ETL,system design, Custom Software Development and Service Oriented Architecture.
John Boyer's Background
John Boyer's Experience
Director of Proven Practices at Motio, Inc.
August 2013 - Present | Dallas, TX
Customer Solutions Advocate and Manager, Proven Practices
Motio is an IBM Premier Partner designed around software and services to deliver real-world BI solutions.
● Work with sales team to architect and scope BI-centric solutions.
● Serve as an advocate for Motio's largest clients, helping them implement proven practices and increase adoption.
● As educator and trainer, design and conduct technical training for Motio’s software products.
Director at RCG Global Services
2012 - July 2013 | Chicago, IL
Consulting and oversight of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing strategy.
BI Center of Excellence at The Nielsen Company
January 2008 - April 2012
Manage Advisory Team of BI Architects.
BI Architect at Cognos Corporation
March 2007 - January 2008
Physician Advisor at Independent Consultant
2000 - 2007
Engagement Manager at Cognos Corporation
November 2005 - March 2006
Lead role in the selling and managing of Cognos BI projects. Deep functional knowledge in business processes and analysis and highly competent in project management and the Cognos product architecture.
Practice Director at SilverTrain Inc.
December 2004 - November 2005
* Responsible for providing the thought leadership and creation of the business strategy and plan for the practice
* Responsible for oversight and management of all projects and consultants in the practice area.
* Manage practice area P & L.
* Implementation of marketing strategy, pre-sales support and proposal development.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of an effective manpower strategy and Plan.
* Hands-on role in managing and oversight, as well as, high billable utilization.
Senior Healthcare Consultant at Advanced Computing
October 1999 - December 2004
* Lead in healthcare vertical; planning, training, application development
* Experience in several verticals: Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare. Lead for Key Performance Indicators Six Sigma solution with Business Intelligence tools: Cognos, SQL Server Analysis Services, Business Objects.
* Consulting, project management and oversight for Fortune 500 companies.
* Project manager and DB architect for Business Intelligence applications for Manufacturing Industry.
Director of Training and Support at Sequest Healthcare Consulting
July 1995 - October 1999
* On-site QI consulting, training, and custom clinical software implementation to Healthcare organizations using MS SQL Server database and Crystal Reports.
* Presentations and workshops for groups preparing for JCAHO accreditation, automation of patient records, performance improvement, strategic planning, and managed care.
* Consultation and client-implementation project management for Clinical Information Systems
* Developed training curriculum and implemented internal protocols
Director of Finance and Information Systems at Latino Family Services
1987 - 1995
John Boyer's Education
American University of the Caribbean
1981 – 1985
University of Michigan
Concentration: Biology/Biological Sciences, General
John Boyer's Interests & Activities